History in Middle East
Since its inception in 1965, Laticrete has been a trailblazer in the construction industry. With a focus on offering cutting-edge materials for tile and stone installation, the family-owned company has made a global impact, establishing a presence in over 100 countries. From its humble beginnings in a basement in New Haven, Connecticut, Laticrete has grown into a major player in the industry under the visionary leadership of its founder, Dr. Henry M. Rothberg [May His Soul Rest in Peace]. Through his unwavering dedication and forward-thinking approach, Laticrete has become a household name synonymous with quality and innovation. Today, the company is in the capable hands of its second-generation leadership, continuing to thrive and expand. With the third generation waiting in the wings, Laticrete is poised to continue its legacy of excellence for generations to come.
Back in 1994, Laticrete International made its way to the United Arab Emirates under the leadership of former president Erno de Bruijn. Despite humble beginnings, de Bruijn was determined to establish the company's presence in the region, running operations from his bedroom in Dubai. This demonstrated his unwavering dedication to the company and the industry, and his persistence and hard work eventually paid off.
One of the company's earliest successes came in the form of the World Trade Center underpass in Dubai, a significant contract-government project that would serve as a cornerstone for Laticrete's growth in the Middle East. The project was a resounding success, demonstrating Laticrete's commitment to quality and innovation in the construction industry.
Since then, Laticrete has been involved in numerous iconic projects throughout the Middle East and Africa, cementing its reputation as a trusted and reliable partner for builders and contractors in the region. From cutting-edge skyscrapers to sprawling malls and luxurious hotels, Laticrete has left its mark on some of the most impressive structures in the region.
- Laticrete joined hands with Khansaheb Civil Engineering, a leading UAE construction company, to expand the reach of Laticrete products in the region
- The Burj Al Arab, a stunning architectural marvel, one of the most iconic structures in the world, stands as a testament to Laticrete's early success in the region.
- Laticrete expanded its operations in Dubai by launching contract production, a strategic move that strengthens the company's manufacturing capabilities in the region.
- The Kingdom Center, the 302.3-meter-tall Kingdom Center skyscraper in Riyadh, was built in 2002 as a landmark project for Laticrete in Saudi Arabia.
- Laticrete's partnership with Rak Ceramics was a game-changer for the company's production capabilities. The two industry giants came together to establish a manufacturing facility in Ras Al Khaimah, boasting an annual capacity of over 85000 tons of dry mix powder. To ensure that it maintains its world-class production standards, Laticrete has consistently invested in the latest technology and machinery for the factory over the years. This partnership has allowed Laticrete to offer top-notch construction solutions to customers while creating jobs and driving economic growth in the region.
2004: In 2004, we successfully commissioned our powder plant.
2006: First Latex and Waterproofing Plant
- First Epoxy Plant
- Another landmark Laticrete project, the Burj Khalifa, was completed. It is the highest tower in the world!
- Another historic milestone achieved by Laticrete was its involvement in the construction of the world-renowned Burj Khalifa, the tallest tower on the planet.
- Laticrete Rak aimed to consolidate its market position in Saudi Arabia.
- Laticrete positioned itself to strengthen its presence in the Saudi Arabian market.
- Qualified ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- LATICRETE soars to new heights with the Al Hamra Tower. tallest direct adhered stone-clad structure on this planet with an exterior facade covered with 258,000 square meters of limestone.
2012: Doha Tower
- LATICRETE Became an Independent company in UAE "Breaking New Ground: Laticrete's Emergence as an Independent Company in the UAE"
- The legendary projects, completed by Laticrete, kept piling up like feathers in the company's crown.
- Cayan Tower is a 73-storey residential building in Dubai Marina, Dubai.
- ICI, Centre international des conférences Abdelatif Rahal - Algeria
- Sheraton four points , Algeria.
- Mall of Africa, Egypt
- The Dubai Frame, An observatory, museum, and monument in Zabeel Park, Dubai
- Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi is the world's largest indoor theme park in Abu Dhabi.
- LMEA appoints Ritesh Singh as general manager.
- LMEA celebrates its 15th anniversary. As part of our green initiatives and to mark the 15th anniversary, we have started planting palm trees at the RasAl Khaimah plant premise to make a beautiful Laticrete garden.
- Installed Part C Powder Plant
- Stellar Plant
- Epoxy Flooring Plant
- Stonetech Floor and Stone care products Started to produce locally
- Project - Dr. Sulaiman Habib Hospital KSA
- Project- King Abdul Aziz Airport KSA
- Retail initiative to strengthen our retail presents: LMEA initiated a retail campaign to strengthen our regional retail presence!
- The Project, Dubai Airport Free-zone Building, has been completed
- The Metro Stations for Expo 2020 Extension project
- Zahiya City Center Sharjah.
- AlBaik, Saudi fast food restaurant chain shops.
- Another City Center project in Egypt, Al Maza City Centre.
- LATICRETE Middle East LLC has been recognized as a SUPERBRAND!! - First in the Industry!
- Certified Laticrete products by DCL (Dubai Central Laboratory)
- Launched the groundbreaking Laticrete 3D Mortar in the United Arab Emirates and the first 3D Villa Project.
- We are proud to be a part of the construction and Infrastructure of EXPO 2020 by delivering a wide range of LATICRETE products and the water fountain is one of the most significant and attractive projects on our Expo 2020 Dubai projects The Museum of the Future,
- Laticrete celebrated our 65th anniversary of Global presence!,
- The First Laticrete company in the continent of Africa has opened in Kenya – Kenya.
- Ritesh Singh Promoted as a Managing Director of LMEA
- LATICRETE Middle East and United Architects of the Philippines Abu Dhabi Chapter Unite to Recognize Design Excellence with David Rothberg Trophy in 2022"
- 2022 marked an exciting year for LATICRETE, as we adopted six powerful Brand Promises that reflect our unwavering dedication to our customers, the environment, and the construction industry as a whole. These promises are not just what we stand for, but also what we promise to deliver in everything we do. We are proud to live up to these promises every day, and we are committed to continuing to do so in the future.
- The Movenpick Resort, opened, since 2022.
- Opened to the public this year: The Royal Atlantis iconic ultra luxury hotel, situated close to her sister hotel, another icon, Atlantis The Palm
Today, twenty years into laticrete Middle East's success, our innovations and dedication have paid off. This is a time to be proud for all those who have contributed to our success.
Ritesh Singh, the Managing Director for the LATICRETE Middle East and Africa, working from the Middle East regional head office in the United Arab Emirates.
Ritesh Singh previously served as head of sales for LATICRETE in the Middle East and has played a key role in driving growth in the region. Ritesh started his journey with LATICRETE, in India, as a fresh MBA graduate and spent over 12 years building key relationships in the area, eventually growing to handle the most significant sales territory in India. Subsequently, he worked for Pidilite and thereafter moved to the Middle East.